Main Forum
Page
of 2

Dixienormuss banned for griefing and association with a duper (lucaiggy)

12 replies
Votes:
Regular Users
IGN: Dixienormuss

Server: Unabridged 1.7.10 (ub.tconetwork.net)

Date you were banned: Few hours ago from posting this, 9/9/18 around 6:30 PM (GMT-5)

Why you think you were banned: Not too sure. I griefed my own base, pretty much. I had association with a duper which i didnt know who was duping Im going to explain the whole story.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

So here is the story.

LucaIggy (apparently he got banned for duping and i am also appealing for him, as i just talked to him about this), was playing on this server. Not sure when he started, he said to get the unabridged modpack and play with him on the server around a week, week and a half ago. I started playing a bit later, after he got banned. I started playing around this week i think. I think on wednesday i got on. He also, apparently, had an alt (pandadog28) in which he did tell me about before i started playing, after he got banned. He never told me he got banned. He just told me he liked using two accounts to have "extra leverage". Not sure what he meant. He gave me cords to his bases (one that was 28,000 blocks from spawn!). He made a base fully out of gold, its like a gold temple, its cool and all, but he said its temporary and not his main base. He said to go closer to spawn and make a base when i start playing. Ok. I did come to his base and take his things. But this is not griefing, its technically my things too. Also, there would be no way for me to know that its specifically lucaiggy, his base isnt claimed and its 28,000 blocks from spawn. He told me to do things. I also dont know if he duped or not, or if he got banned, until today when a moderator who was investigating and pretty much wrongly banned me investigated.

So, the duper never told me he was banned for duping, or if he even duped. I didnt know. Im not even sure if he really duped in the first place, when i talked to him on the phone now, he denied of duping. But he says for whatever he did, he would like to be unbanned, so i am also appealing for him on the side. Im not sure if he is enthusiastic about playing on this server again, as he already moved on, but i know for a fact that i would really love to be unbanned as i have not done anything wrong, i didnt dupe, i didnt grief, i have done nothing. I would also like to play with him, I also would love to play on the server, i cant find any other modpacks with servers with them, that are good, especially, like unabridged and TCO network. Its a pretty good server, its not laggy, the players are mostly european, and its pretty laid back overall. Other servers i played on are really strict and annoying.

I got banned for griefing (it was my own base), and for dupe association (i didnt know until now). iwantspeed is the moderator who apparently investigated, and banned me. He suspected me of greifing, finding out that in my base, my ME drives are hidden from view. I dedicated a single floor/room in my base just for the core of the system. The me drives were hidden in a small underground room with no access to, connected by a secret wireless connector. He suspected me of griefing, because i hid them. I hid them because i dont claim my base, and i like the ME system to be hidden. I want to make my base look as great as it can, so i decided to just get rid of them.

So what is the last reason? Iwantspeed accused me of breaking in the temple, bypassing his claim. What? You claimed my own base! That surely isn't griefing. Not im not really sure what he is talking about tho, i dont remember that, but i need to be reminded. If i did bypass, i am sorry for that and i admit it. But it was my own base..
I even told him the whole story, and still banned me for whatever reason. Im not trying to be condescending or offenseive, but iwantspeed is a bit too ban hungry. It doesnt matter, he wanted to make sure everything is ok, he also didnt know that was my base too, but he still was grasping onto straws and falsely banned.

Talking about duped items, lucaiggy had like 2 million diamonds and stuff, i didnt take some of the stuff with me. Most of the stuff i have is legit, lucaiggy was also playing legit, thats what he told me. He gained a lot of the resources by playing. He doesnt want to admit that he duped i guess. But i a lot of the stuff in the ME system i got it, i made it. All the iron, gold, diamonds, and more i got it by playing.
Posted Sep 10, 18 · OP
Votes:
Regular Users
Support Coordinator
Thank you for taking the time to actually write this.
And let me tell you what happened.

One of our staff members ran into the full golden base, and thought it was strange, but its not unheared of. So just continued when this usual business.
However, during the inspection of the base, which is something we do for all players, we check to see if everyone follows the rules, if no one has any illegal items, stuff like that. But during the inspection we found some things that didnt add up. Your friend had millions of gold and other stuff, and that while he has no automated way, only one digital miner. And if you want to gather that much gold with only 1 digital miner, takes a long time, and a lot of space to mine.
Besides that, we found almost a thousand vibrant capacitor backs. This adds up to A LOT of ender pearls, and again, no automated way, so she had to manually kill thousands of endermen. On top of that, about 340 of them, the once in their ME system all had EXACTLY the same number of RF in them, and i dont mean full or empty, but a really specific number. Indicating that one was originally made, got a bit of RF and then got duped.
keep in mind that this ME system is inside a fully claimed area, got a security system attached to it, and he was the only one that did anything inside that base.
Inside that ME system we also found backpacks inside of backpacks inside of backpackes, the deepest backpack all holding stacks of iron, gold, diamonds and other resources.
There were a few more things that didnt add up, but I think these 3 already prove a lot.
When we confronted him with these facts he denied everything, saying he never saw the backpacks and that all of it was legit, however, he had no explanation for it, how he got that many resources, how he got that many vibrant capacitor backs, why they have exactly the same number. So we came to a conclusion and banned him for duping.

He had a chance to appeal against it, to talk to us about it. But what did he do, he used an alt account, pretended to be a new player, took his old stuff back, and kept going with what he was doing. When we comfronted him with the stuff that he had, he said he found the drives inside a chest, inside a witches hut if I remember correct. After a while he changed his story and said he only found the empty drives inside a witches hut. Meanwhile he kept denying his involvement with the previous account or any activity to it. So he also went around a ban to keep playing, instead of appealing or other ways to try to get his access back. So we also banned that account

Now we get to you. You made your own base, you never did anything in the other two bases mentioned before, so its not your stuff. Just because its a friends doesnt mean its also yours.
When I asked you, did you take me drives from somewhere, you denied it very clearly, yet now you admit to saying you took his stuff.

There is also the fact that his base was sealed off, not by him, but my a staff memeber, and when you saw that, you didnt wonder why that was, you didnt ask around what happened, you just went straight to the me drives and took them.
Which raises another question for me, you say you have a lot of resources of your own, you say you have a nice base and that you have iron gold everything, and yet you still took his stuff while you now sort of say you dont need it. Why take it in the first place.

And the reason that your me drives are hidden isnt associated with the griefing, its just curious you decide to do that, and not protect your base with claims.

and a point I made earlier, it wasnt your base, you didnt build anything in it, or placed any of it. Yes, you can work as a team, but logging in after someone is banned (knowing it or not) going to his base and taking the stuff while he is not around is not a team. Also he told you from a distance that you can take stuff from him? he didnt log in to give it, he didnt show where it was, he just messaged you to take it?

And the moment he got banned, the moment the base was sealed, it became server property. So not your base anymore.

So sum it up, Luca got banned for duping (and there is no doubt about it), after that he got banned for avoiding ban and using the same duped items again.
and now you broke through a staff sealed door, took drives from a base not beloning to you, and then lied to me about taking any drives.
No we are not claiming you duped, but you saw the base sealed. Thought this is my base, I dont care if its sealed and I dont want to know the reason. And took drives you now claim you dont need.
Posted Sep 10, 18
Votes:
Regular Users
Well, i dont know much about modpacks and mods, honestly. So i guess he was duping. But, i didnt lie about the drives. That is why i asked you who, because i wanted to know, you said it didnt matter who it was, i thought you were accusing me of like breaking into a guys house and stealing everything and actually griefing, yes i did take drives from lucaiggy, he told me irl, we see each other. He wanted me to be his slave, lol. Like i said, he told me to make a different base, that one was temporary, He told me the approximate cords of the gold base and to make a different base else where, he wanted to make some kingdom thing and throne idk what he is talking about. But technically it did belong to me, i would be playing with him if he didnt get banned. I havent seen him since a few days before i started playing last week. He told me to do it, its his plans.

I dont remember what happened there with the door being blocked off, but i emptied his base of machines too if you didnt see, i took his mekanism factories and digital miners. If you look at one of the rooms of my new base you can see it says the owner is lucaiggy. I just took the ME system and everything to the new base. But why ban me of something i didnt even know? I was so confused why it was claimed, but i saw it was just the top part that was claimed. I saw the thing was claimed i was really confused what was going on, i shrugged it off, maybe it was another dude with him, i didnt know. Why the hell would it be sealed off? Put yourself in that situation, you have a friend that invited you on a server, told you to take his stuff from a super hidden location thousands of blocks away and the base is sealed off and the door is closed. Maybe it was him? I need to get the stuff.

I never said i didnt need the drives. I took the general stuff that was in there, i just left the millions of iron and gold and stuff, he told me to leave stuff in the base for building, he was going to use it for that. I did make a mistake and lost some drives, i took stuff like emeralds and diamonds because i didnt know which drive is which, and i dropped it and it disappeared when i was working with the stuff. I know luca personally has a reputation of cheating, i can tell you that now But i never duped or did anything wrong, i really didnt know what was going on. But whatever happened, me and him are sorry for breaking the rules, i should have investigated into the claim, i didnt know iwantspeed was a staff member until later on, but i thought it was associated or something, i shrugged it off. Im just really confused ok
Posted Sep 10, 18 · OP
Votes:
Regular Users
Support Coordinator
We are currently still looking into this case. If Luca indeed told you told you to take the stuff, but didn't tell you anything about the duping and ban, than he did trick you into taking the stuff. In that case a permanent ban for you wouldn't be fair. So we are still looking more into it, we want to be just and fair, and banning people is never a thing we want to do.

I do have a few questions though:
1. How did you get into the claim? You seem to have gone through iwantspeed's claim.
2. Didn't you think it was strange he had millions of resources and no actual way to gain it?
3. not really a question, but even if we did forgive Luca for duping (which might be a stretch, especially if you deny it that hard while we have prove). He tried to evade the ban by using a different account, and started to deny everything again, which clearly shows no respect to the rules or the decisions made by the staff
Posted Sep 10, 18
Votes:
Regular Users
Yea, and he even told me that after he got banned on his main. He might not have known that he could appeal tho. Iwantspeed before he banned me, he gave me the discord and website, i never knew it had a website where you can appeal. Idk, your choice, but i know i didnt really do anything wrong, him, maybe.

1. Well.. its an item that bypasses claims. Should i say it here? I dont want to give players ideas. Its in the applied energistics mod. He told me to get it and i made it to get through ( i couldve dug around but i didn't know). He was a bit insisting on it, to desperately get the stuff from his base, get the "item" to "get through" he said. He knew it was claimed i guess, he mustve gone there on his alt. He also might have griefed bases with it too. I didnt grief anyboy with it at all and not intending to, i want to play legit. I actually lost it, i no longer have it. Tell me if you are fine with me saying it here.

2. Well.. i thought it was weird.. i was thinking for a while.. 2 million gold? I didnt really know tho, i thought it can be possible. He used to play tekkit main or something years ago and he showed me 300,000 diamonds and 700,000 iron too lol, he did get banned there. But he got it from another guy who had creative and fields of laser drills and creative energy something i remember. Also banned for lagging. So also not legit particularly. Do laser drills get you a lot of stuff? I do realize now how crazy it is lol. For sure he duped, no doubt.

3. Well.. im going to see him tomorrow face to face. Ill ask him if he duped and everything, because denying it blatantly indeed prevents people from forgiving you. He did say he wouldnt mind being unbanned, but he did say he moved on since, but i know for a fact i personally would love to play again by myself.

He also has a third alt btw.
Posted Sep 10, 18 · OP
Votes:
Regular Users
Support Coordinator
Thank you for replying to all my questions, it shows you really do want to help us with this, and in my opinion, that is a sign of good fate.

And It would strike me as odd that someone is that insisting in getting his stuff while (as far as you know) he could have grabbed it himself later. But I can also get that you don't immediately suspect a friend you play with of these kind of things.

And about the mining lasers: Yes, they make ores and gems from RF, but they are really slow and pretty RF intense. So its possible to get a lot of resources with it. But people can see the lasers, the setup to keep it going, and you'll need to keep it loaded for a long time. There are also other ways to get a lot of resources, there are agricraft plants that give metal/gem nuggets, if you automate those you have a lot of resources too. But again, the setup for that is visible, its possible to see that someone made that. Its highly suspicious if someone has millions of resources and no way to automatically get it, claiming its all manually mined/gathered.

And we made sure he wont get on any time soon :) But thank you for the warning
Posted Sep 10, 18
Votes:
Regular Users
I think he said that because he was banned, and he told me to use the item to get through. He knew it was claimed, he said to make the item, get through and get all the stuff and make a new place. If i knew he was banned which he told me i wouldnt have done it. Also he just has a reputation of cheating in other video games, but i never thought he can/would dupe. I played with him a lot this game.

Yea, it looks like you did make sure. Else i would be playing with him lol. Btw he never mentioned it, i just know he has many accounts.

Anyways keep me updated.. i would like to play again. I am on discord too.
Posted Sep 11, 18 · OP
Votes:
Regular Users
So you aint going to tell me whats going on? Its a bit rude to just keep me waiting like this, tell me something like im not going to be unbanned or im getting unbanned. Ill automatically take it as the former. Good server but bad staff. Banned for no reason whatsoever, never happened to me since a decade of playing, unless its straight abusive. :lol:
Posted Sep 12, 18 · OP · Last edited Sep 12, 18 by Dixienormu...
Votes:
Regular Users
Support Coordinator
We are not going to run to you hourly to tell you what happened, and it has barely been two days. Besides that, the staff are all volenteers, we have busy lives besides this server. So that can mean a judgement may take a day longer.

And the banned for no reason part:
You deliberately made an item just to grief, and deliberately used it to go through someone elses claim. You didnt ask around for the owner of that claim, you assumed that what your friend told you is the whole truth and made the decision yourself to grief. Which makes you yourself responsible for breaking the rules
You also deliberately took the drives with loads of items that couldnt have been made that much, and you knew he has a history of cheating, yet you decide to ignore that and just assume everything is alright.
On top of that, when we asked you if you took me drives, you decided that griefing through a claim to get to "your own" drives wasnt worth mentioning.

Just because a friend tells you to break the rules, doesnt mean its fine.
Posted Sep 12, 18
Votes:
Regular Users
Someone elses claim? You mean my own base? So you saying if your friend asked you politely to do something, having to break through a base (i thought it was his claim or someone with him, never knew it would be claimed) You would be super skeptical even tho you trust your own friend and played with him minecraft for many years and he has never cheated beside you before?

Then you must be a pretty weird guy. Anyways like i said, i am terribly sorry for what i did and everything, and i would like to be unbanned.
Posted Sep 12, 18 · OP
Page
of 2
Top Posters
185 Posts
81 Posts
57 Posts
51 Posts
47 Posts
44 Posts
27 Posts
24 Posts